[ale] Web Hosting Experience Wanted

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Aug 6 10:49:43 EDT 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Irv Mullins wrote:

> On Monday 06 August 2001 10:18, John Mills wrote:
> > ALErs -
> >
> > I'm looking for a reliable, moderately priced web hosting service for an
> > orginaization's web page. We currently have 'borrowed' space which is
> > on-again, off-again -- currently 'off'.
> >
> > Suggestions and 'reality-check' experiences are very welcome. It would be
> > nice to have an Atlanta source, I suppose, but that's not a requirement -
> > responsiveness is much more important.
>
> It's not in Atlanta, but I have been very pleased with linuxwebhost.com.
> It's fast, cheap (starts at $10 / month) for which you get quite a lot,
> including 50 megs web space, 50 e-maii addresses, and 10 mailing
> lists. No setup fee. I have only had to contact them once, I got an
> answer back right away.

I've had a pretty good relationship with Valueweb over the last year and a half.
Zero downtime. Reasonably fast tech support for the one minor issue I had.
Customer service is very good. Web servers are all Linux/Apache. Mail is
AIX/Sendmail. Their callback service is pretty neat. Just enter a number and a
few minutes later, the phone rings...every time.

http://www.valueweb.net

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security