[ale] cdrw

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Sat Aug 4 18:48:37 EDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 02:21:27PM -0700, Stephen Turner wrote:
> hey linux dudes, anyone know where i can get a quickie
> cdrw software? im about to install another version of
> linux and dont need it around i just need something to
> convert iso images to readable cds and dont want to
> hassle with setting up something with multiple
> downloads, (like burn baby burn) i am useing red hat
> 7.0 i doubt it came with anything. thanks for your time

	Huh?

	"Doubt it came with anything"???

	Try cdrecord.  It should be on your RedHat CD's.  It's on CD #1
of the RedHat 7.1 set along with mkisofs if you want to create your
own images.  Both of those are cli (Command Line Interface).

	If you are strictly a gui dude, look at xcdroast, which should
also be on the RedHat CD #1 (there on 7.1).  There are some others, but
those are the main toys I use for virtually all my CD burning.

	If you are about to install a new system, DON'T use RedHat 7.0.
Use 7.1.  7.0 has many more bugs and needs a lot more updates to be secure.

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/