[ale] Dial-on-demand RedHat 7.1 help?

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Fri Aug 3 15:18:51 EDT 2001

Diald is easy.  Just specify the scripts to run.  I had a problem with my server trying to communicate with the outside world at regular intervals.  I assume something was in cron maybe trying to get news or update DNS.  This caused the server to dial mindspring when no client machines were powered up.  I never investigated it because I disabled the diald software.  I do not keep my server powered up all the time anymore.

Otherwise, I think Diald is an excellent feature.

Chris