[ale] Gimp question

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 1 21:02:49 EDT 2001

Well, in a broad sense, maybe. But SVG is a relatively new protocol
officially recognized by W3C. See the specification here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/

And  there is also a toolkit for rendering SVG, called Batik, available
here:

http://xml.apache.org/batik/

SVG is strictly for rendering images and doesn't serve as a "page
description language" which is how Postscript is defined.