[ale] Gimp question

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Aug 1 19:58:08 EDT 2001

There are several problems with this. For starters, gimp works with
editable image formats. Postscript is not really an editable image format.
Secondly, the anti-aliasing occurs when the data is being sent to the
screen for display. It's not something that is encoded into the image. All
it is is a slick way to fool the eye into not seeingt  the jagged edges so
clearly by muting the edge with a less intense color for 1 pixel.

That said, there are several vector graphics packages that currently
escape my nameing function right now. Freshmeat...