[ale] Printer question

bkruger at mindspring.com bkruger at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 26 13:03:13 EDT 2001

>It's
>the HP 1100Axi.  I think it does all the PCL stuff the other HP's
>use.

Matt;

My question is what is the source for the files being printed?  Is it a Linux program, or does the printer serve a subnetwork for Windows machines.

If you have to put the date on the top of certain pages coming out that are generated by a linux program (or something that is configurable), it could be done by designing a custom filter and incorporating it into the /etc/printcap file.  If you want to put the date on top of pages be printed from a PC running Windows, I think you may have some problems.

Send a little more detail.

Regards - Bob Kruger