[ale] multiple ports on iptables?

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Tue Apr 24 16:57:45 EDT 2001

While on the subject of iptables, is there a good HOW-TO or reference
available on this yet?  I have not been able to find one and am still using
ipchains....

At 04:04 PM 4/24/2001 -0400, Stephen Pellicer wrote:
>On 24 Apr 2001 12:21:30 -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > I'm mucking with my firewall again.  One app I have uses multiple ports,
> > auto-negotiatiated and I can specify a range from 50000-50030, can you
> > do a range on a line?  I tried and it didn't like it.  I didn't want to
> > put 30 individual rules in place.
>
>iptables -A INPUT --proto udp --destination-port 50000:50030 -j ACCEPT
>
>This should do it. I don't recall if port ranges are a specific module
>or not though. Try that out though. I don't see any modules loaded that
>would correspond to that, but I'm not sure what I chose when I built
>this kernel.
>
>Stephen
>--
>body.

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net