[ale] A little gripe

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 08:57:03 EDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Wandered Inn wrote:

> How many remember acoustic couplers at 150 baud?

I had one that I snarfed up at a hamfest for $0.00 just for kicks and
giggles.  (BTW, it was 110, not 150) but AFAIK, the 110b modems would also
go as high as 300.

For more kicks and giggles, I actually dialed into my ISP shell account
with it once or twice, just to see it work.  That was in 1995 or so that I
did that.

Last year, I sold the same modem to another tech junkie for $5.00 at a
hamfest.  Profit:  $5.00 and some good experimentation time.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.