[ale] Net interface reconfiguring Q: turning DHCP on and off

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Apr 16 12:31:42 EDT 2001

You can use /usr/sbin/netconfig to setup a dhcp or static connection.
In linuxconf, you select either manual, dhcp or bootp under
networking->client tasks->host name and IP network devices->adapter n

Keep in mind to backup your working setup since it will get changed doing
this.

Oh, yeah, I goofed. The files that get changed are
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth{n}
Some that work:
static:
DEVICE="eth0"
IPADDR="192.168.0.2"