[ale] Man 7.2: printer won't stop

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Apr 12 09:24:22 EDT 2001

With my Epson stylus640, I have to unplug the parallel cable for about 30
seconds to lose a broken print job. Apparently, the IEEE1284 connection
allows for a power trickle that keeps a print job alive.

At some point, I should try just bouncing the parallel-port module(s) to
try and kill a postscript->ascii_garbage print job. If that works, it will
be a _welcome_ addition to the tool box! We often have problems with
adding paper to a long print job and having the job recover and continue
correctly.