[ale] ntp

Jeff T ale at jeffx.com
Wed Apr 11 17:04:45 EDT 2001

The max time difference is 74 seconds.  I can't even get ntpdate
to work.  I have started ntpd on one of the a couple of the workstations
with debugging and I get an error like this:

transmit: at 138 172.17.1.74 -> 172.17.1.214 mode 3
receive: at 138 172.17.1.74 <- 172.17.1.214 mode 4 code 1
packet: bad header 020

I am currently looking down this road to see if it is causing the
problem.

I have currently tried all the "magic" ntpd switches and still get
nothing.

Thans for you help,
Jeff