[ale] Sparc10

Dave Brooks db at amorphous.org
Mon Apr 9 11:32:41 EDT 2001

>From the ok prompt:

'setenv boot-device disk'

That would set your default boot device to your harddrive.  You can also
use 'setenv boot-device cdrom' to boot from your cdrom, etc.
'disk' would refer to your harddrive, use 'nvalias' to show different device
aliases you can boot from, 'printenv' to show what the current setting are.

Also, try 'setenv tpe-link-test? false'.  That will make booting solaris a
little
quicker if its on there and your ethernet device doesnt have a medium
connected.  Unfortunately, the Linux sunlance.o driver overrides this setting
and will spew error messages to /dev/console if a configured device loses
link.

If for some reason none of this works, hold STOP-L on the keyboard to
factory default the OBP settings.

Best,
Dave

--