[ale] is it safe to delete message, message.x file

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Apr 9 08:02:40 EDT 2001

Nguyen Son wrote:

> Hi All,
> Can someone tell me what message and message.x files do and is it safe to
> empty them?
>
> I have messsages.1 and messages.2 files and they're a bit big (> 2 G each)

These are previous messages files that have been renamed for the purpose
of archival.  You can remove them, as long as you understand that they
could contain useful information in the future, if you happen to have
problems with hardware/software/settings/crackers.

I compress mine and archive them, but then again, I've got 4 3b2
computers in my garage. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein