[ale] Beowulf clusters....

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Wed Apr 4 20:00:12 EDT 2001

A friend of mine who is new to Linux and new to clustering is trying to
construct a Beowulf cluster, and has encountered some difficulty.

I have helped him out with most of the networking issues, but I have never
used a beowulf cluster before, so I'm a little lost on one point.

I have the beowulf daemon started on the head end computer, and boot
floppies in the three slave nodes, all networking seems to be configured
OK, but the slaves are complaining that they can't make a connection to
the master on port 2223, and promptly rebooting.

Anybody got any idea what's going on here?

Linux distro is Scyld, which is based on a RH6.2 with goodies added.
Network cards are DEC Tulip.  We brought these machines up as independents
using RH6.0 and everything worked well, so we know there are no HW issues.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.