[ale] Networld/Interop Redhat 7.0 CD

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at genetics.utah.edu
Thu Sep 28 13:00:43 EDT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Yu, Jerry wrote:

> since steve brought that up,
>
> I burned a CD  off the image on sunsite.unc.edu, 7.0-i386-disk1.iso.
>
> I tried to upgrade a new RH62 box with it.  I let it to find out what
> needs to be upgraded and delected a handful which I  don't need.  The
> install size is 560M...It asked for the second CD for the last 23M  of
> installation. I aborted with 3-finger. result: LILO is not run
> properly. rpm database doesn't seem to be right either....
>
> I  thought the second CD  is the source CD as usual. Guess I was
> wrong this time.

It's now 5 discs:  two binaries, one power tools, one doc, one source.  I
think they tried to optimize layout so that most common packages are on the
first disc, but you'll still wind up needing both binary discs, most likely
(as you discovered the hard way ;-).

> Also, the first CD doesnot seem to be xntp3 package. I am
> burning the second CD right now. hope it will have it.

I think they switched to ntpd.

later,
chris

--