[ale] OT: Looking for good theme for network names

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Sep 28 12:13:50 EDT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Agent Durga wrote:
> i'm not sure what i'd go with if i  were to start over again....though i
> do have a tendency to research the actual mythology to make sure i'm not
> naming something and asking for trouble...

That's what I usually do as well.  Our original web server was named
Mirkwood, due to the number of spiders and spiderwebs encountered in that
forest in The Hobbit.

My notebook is Rohan, which are a mobile group of riders.

My desktop is Bree, which was a town that was home for a night, and evil
things happened there (my desktop runs NT :)

The nameserver is Rivendell, which was a place full of ancient lore and
knowledge.

There are some more, but I'm forgetting them.