[ale] Toshiba 2105CDS and linux

John M. Trostel jtrostel at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 27 19:39:34 EDT 2000

Have you tried the alternate driver I suggested? the tulip_cb driver

Below is a quote from the pcmcia-cs source-forge page

http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS

        [tulip_cb driver] [x86]
        [somewhat experimental]
        Accton EN2220 CardBus
        Allied Telesyn AT-2800
        AmbiCom AMB8100
        Apollo FE2000
        Asante FriendlyNET CardBus
        Billionton LND-100B
        Compex Linkport TX
        D-Link DFE-660TX
        Genius MF3000                   [ some do not work?? ]
        Kingston KNE-CB4TX
        Laneed LD-10/100CB
        LevelOne FPC-0101TX 10/100Mbps CardBus
        Linksys PCMPC200 EtherFast CardBus
        NetGear FA510C
        OvisLink LFS PCM 32
        PLANET ENW-3502-FC
        PrimeXpress Fast Ethernet
        SMC EZ CardBus 10/100 Ethernet  [ some do not work?? ]
        SVEC FD606 10/100 Ethernet
        TDK NetworkFlyer LAK-CB100X, LAK-CB100AX CardBus
        UMAX Technologies UMAX250
        [ Not recommended: support is experimental and unreliable ]
        IBM 10/100 EtherJet CardBus
        Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 CardBus
        Xircom CBE2-100BTX, RBE-100BTX, R2BE-100BTX

It works for me and my Xircom RBEM56G-100BTX card (mentioned a bit farther
down the page).

You might also want to lok at the Linux PCMCIA HOWTO: Resolving
installation and configuration problems at

http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.2

(They even mention the high/low beeps)

---Reply on mail from Gary S. Mackay about [ale] Toshiba 2105CDS and linux

> It appears that the xircom driver is loading, but I'm getting these errors in
> the log file:
>
> xirc2ps_cs: register_netdev()failed
> cardmgr[52]: get dev info on socket 0 failed. No such device
>
> If I issue a "cardctl eject" command, remove and reinsert the card, these
> lines appear again after high/low beeps.
> Any ideas?
>
> - Gary
>
> Chris Ricker wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Gary S. Mackay wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Chris,
>> >       Thanks for the reply. Slack 7.1 was the closest to working. It would
> at least
>> > say it was trying to load the xirc2ps_cs driver, but failed. None of the
> other
>> > ones even tried. Where can I find info on this driver so I can figure out
> why
>> > it won't load?
>>
>> There should be something on the pcmcia-cs home page
>> <http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/>
>>
>> later,
>> chris
>>
>> --
>> Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu
>>                                               chris.ricker at genetics.utah.edu

---End reply
John M. Trostel                      -
Linux OS Engineer                   / \    ASCII Campaign
Connex                              \ /       against
jtrostel at mindspring.com              x       HTML Mail
                                    / \