[ale] Mac OS X beta

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Wed Sep 27 16:44:15 EDT 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, David Dagon wrote:

>   export TERM=xterm

yeah i knew there was something local that i could do on my linux box to
get to it....though i have found a couple "bugs" in the networking of os
x...but apple may have disabled that, or i might need to do something with
my atalk libraries....i'm trying to put together a decent list of things
that i personally think a bsd machine should do...

> Or, just check your termcap file for valid terms.  If you want a linux
> term, compile one for OSX.

i'm inches from trying to compile samba on it, as well as anything else
that it doesn't have and i want on it...

> I'm considering a G4 purchase because of OSX.

i *have* to get a dual processor....have to....too many things that i want
to do would be so nice with x and dual processors...

i take *so much* shit at work for liking the mac os and linux over
windows...but at least a few were curious about the cube...

<shrug>

python and javaserver pages are what i'm currently trying to learn/figure
out...fun stuff i guess...

-drew