[ale] Spam and ale (An unappetizing meal)

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 25 22:16:22 EDT 2000

I was wrong, it isn't ORBS, it's MAPS that we are using, and these IPs
are not in MAPS, (yet) but I've started the ball rolling on one of
them. I remember Robbie telling us before that ORBS is easy to get on
and hard to get off.  (In fact the old ale.org server is in the ORBS
database...  Robbie fixed the problem a couple of years ago...)  the
MAPS folks are less "hard core".

I don't like spam either, but again, I'm not going to invest hours of
my time configuring another anti-spam scheme (or ask anyone else to)
and cause pain and suffering for all the list members to prevent what
appears to be at most one spam a day. Of course, if the spam gets
worse, we can re-consider.

What I will do is follow up on the spam that we do get and try
to get the open relays fixed or added to the MAPS database.

-Eric.