[ale] Alternate way to join 10<->100 hubs than 10/100 [another] hub ?

Stephen Pellicer spellicer at 8thlayer.net
Mon Sep 25 09:55:18 EDT 2000

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 09:19:03AM -0400, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Greetings Again !
>
> What is the least expensive method to enable a 10Mbps hub's interacting
> with a 100Mbps hub ?

I seem to recal a little inline transceiver that would throttle down
100Mbps. Essentially a two port bridge/switch. I don't think you're really
gonna find anything that's better or cheaper than a little 4 port
10/100 switch. Unless you have an AUI port. If the AUI port's on the
100 Mbs piece, you could probably just pop on a 10Mb transceiver.
Sorry I didn't have more, but it's been a long time since I saw that
little converter in a catalog.

Stephen