[ale] Re: Apache Config

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Sun Sep 24 16:11:46 EDT 2000

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Brian J. Dowd wrote:

> --->(Note that I used "text" not "txt" just before the "css")

-that did the trick....kick ass.....now i feel about 100 times
better...sure i could have done a find&replace ont he body tag but i
*really* didn't want to deal with that.....but cool...

is there a reason that text should be used over txt?....from now on i'll
use "text" but i swear txt is how the css specs have it...i'll look it up
again though....something about reading the same thing over and over again
makes me see it the same way everytime...
:)

> I just want to see if the "/" in front of "style" is necessary
> in this second case. It depends on what your directory structure
> *really* is.

actually it is required....actually i keep a fairly organized site
structure....off the document root i keep two directories that i reference
all the time: images/ and style/

that way i can reference back to the document root extremely quickly:
/images/ or /style/

if i use a graphic that is specific to a specific subsection, then it goes
into the subsection's images/ directory......i've never had a real need to
place seperate style/ directories in the subsections since typically i do
like to keep the same layout and such across an entire site...but should a
situation require it, yeah i'd make one....

basicly i try to keep sites loading as fast as possible, even though i do
have a bad tendency to go "apeshit" with the graphics...i've gotten much
better though.....typically i try to keep it under a 100k for the first
"hit" and then use the browser cache to my advantage....

<shrug>

thanks for all the help....now i just need to launch bbedit and do a nice
find and replace across the whole site...unfortunately, since there is an
hour of that 70's show on tonight and i need to complete another design
for work, it might not happen until tomorrow morning....but it's all good
now....

thanks bunches,
	drew