[ale] Clinics for the Future. Barrons article on DNAP !!

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at genetics.utah.edu
Sat Sep 23 17:50:31 EDT 2000

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Scot M. Warfield wrote:

> Maybe the whole point to this post is something along the lines that
> perhaps the genetic data will be hosted on a Linux system using Oracle?
> Just a shot in the dark I guess.  oh well

Nice try, but they're almost certainly going to be using some sort of
microarray (really small silicon or glass slide with thousands of DNA
samples micro-dotted on it, using lithographic technology very similar to
that used to print CPUs)....  No computer db involved ;-)

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu