[ale] ipchains firewall rules

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Thu Sep 21 13:18:45 EDT 2000

Blake Sorensen wrote:

> There is also a web based interface for generating
> firewall rules base don that book at:
> http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/firewall/

I guess I'm the paranoid type, but I've been fumbling with this for a
few months now.  I've got the Linux Firewalls book, but I've also been
reading through the various HOWTOs as well as:

Firewalls and Internet Security (Repelling the Wily Hacker)
Cheswick/Bellovin - Addison-Wesley (dated, but has some good stuff, and
isn't as dry as some)

Building Internet Firewalls Zwicky/Cooper/Chapman - O'Reilly

Maximum Linux Security Anonymous - Sams

There was a reference recently on this list to a couple of articles on
http://rootprompt.org/ which I've started to take a look at.  Look in
the sidebar for Fortress Building, or something like that.

Yet, I still don't have the warm and fuzzies yet.  I'm still dial up and
I still knock my connection down each evening. :)

I was just now successful in implementing port forwarding through my
firewall to another machine that serves as my webserver. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation