[ale] Let us meet for Next Generation Linux Conference ( Was ALS - A few thoughts )

Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam vaidhy at loonys.net
Wed Sep 20 21:11:48 EDT 2000

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support.. I understand fully well the emotional strain
in pulling off a showcase like ALS, esp. seeing how it has grown real fast..

<b>  Kudos to the ALS BOD.. </b>

Let us meet somewhere after this ALS and see what we can do for a Linux
Conference in Atlanta.

These are few of the things I would personally like to see...

1. There will be demos of machines running Linux (I got a SE/30 running linux..
sorta things)

2. There will be Linux programming seminars (Anyone from ALSEG ???)

3. There will be newbie HowTos (Sorta like our regular ALE meetings, but with
demo machines)

4. There will be advanced Linux users forum (Like how to set up multiple mail
servers etc)

5. There will be switchboard sessions (and flamewars of course)

6. There will be participation for local vendors and local corporations

7. There will be vendor techincal conferences ( rather than demoing machines )

8. There will be participation from the LUGs in the southeast..

9. Not the least, the installfests :)

I can not think of anything else offhand.. Let me know if these are of interest
to the ALE members... Look for Vaidhy at the Debian booth at the coming ALS
(that is me)

I would like the current ALS BOD to join in for the meeting to advise and suggest
ideas.. (of course they are welcome to take more responsibilites if they like
to <g> )

Regards,
Vaidhy

PS: I am also a member of BOD for @LANta.con (www.atlantacon.org) , a hackers
conference. We conducted our first conference this year and are planning for
the next one.. We did receive quite a few good comments..

So if we pull off a Linux conference next October, Atlanta will have two cool
conferences every year.. A hacker con in April and  Linux con in October :)