[ale] ALS - A few thoughts

Ray Knight - Clientlink rayk at clientlink.com
Wed Sep 20 15:50:57 EDT 2000

Blake Sorensen [mailto:doorslam at yahoo.com] replied
> Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 3:29 PM
> To: Ray Knight - Clientlink; Ale
> Subject: RE: [ale] ALS - A few thoughts
>

> --- Ray Knight - Clientlink <rayk at clientlink.com>
> wrote:
> > > 	We have also wanted to host a smaller event, like
> > an install fest,
> > > but no one has stepped forward to lead it.  The
> > current board already has
> > > plenty of work to do, in addition to our real
> > jobs, and we could use some
> > > help.  It's probably too late to bring anyone in
> > for ALS 2000, but I know
> > > the board will be smaller next year, and we need
> > new blood.
> > >

> > Well I got the impression that the board didn't want
> > new blood.  I
> > volunteered and worked a lot of hours at the last
> > two ALS shows.  After last
> > year's show I inquired about becoming a member of
> > the board and helping with
> > this year's show.  I never really heard back from
> > anyone after the show was
> > over, so I just assumed that it was a closed group
> > and they didn't want or
> > need any additional help.
>
> Erm, that was my fault. I would like to publicly
> apologize for that - I was supposed to follow up with
> you (and a couple of others) about joining the board
> and got tied up with graduating, starting a new job,
> and ALS duties. There was other circumstances, as
> well, but it was basically my lack of focus.

Apology accepted.  I guess I can sympathize, as I've volunteered for a few
things before and then got so wrapped up in work or family that I just let
the volunteer bit slip.  Sometimes life just interferes with what you want
to do!  Are you still coordinating volunteer work for this year's show?  I
volunteered back in August and haven't heard anything since.

Ray Knight