[ale] Turning off screen blanking in X

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Wed Sep 20 12:06:13 EDT 2000

I have a question I hope someone can answer.  I don't want the monitor
to blank out during any X session.  I've turned off dpms and apmd is not
running.  I can do it manually by issueing the following commands in an
xterm:

xset s noblank
xset s off
xset dpms off

However, that's only good for the current session.  If I logout and log
back in, I've got to do it again.  Is there some script file I can put
these?  I've tried using ~/.Xresources, but it doesn't seem to do the
trick.  Anyone got an idea?

Thanks.

                               Chris Egolf
             http://www.ugholf.net     cegolf at ugholf.net