[ale] ALS - A few thoughts

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Wed Sep 20 11:20:05 EDT 2000

I appreciate Marc's candid comments.  I'll miss the ALS in Atlanta as
well, but growth is good.  I hope that those folks who are still
associated with the ALS here in Atlanta will be able to provide a voice
within USENIX regarding the lack of such conferences here in the
southeast.  I've been a member of USENIX for a while now and have
attended many of the conferences they support.  On every feedback form I
submit (and I turn them all in), I always put Atlanta down as a location
for a conference.

Maybe Marc can share with us what the approach should be to get some of
these conferences in Atlanta?

As a current member of USENIX, I'll contact them and get what
information I can.   From a business point of view, I could attend two
USENIX conferences in Atlanta for every one I have to fly to (cost
issues).

Again, I thank Marc for his response and I have appreciated the efforts
the ALS folks have made to provide this venue here in Atlanta.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation