[ale] memory

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Tue Sep 19 13:44:17 EDT 2000

Robert Heaven wrote:

> [...]

So this machine is a dual boot Linux/windows and windows always sees 128
whereas Linux only sees 64?  And you noted that another machine 'saw'
this stick of memory for a week?

That's pretty wierd.  Based on the first issue of dual boot, I'd say
there was a problem with the Linux on that machine.  Based on the second
problem, where the second machine sees the memory for a week, I'd say
it's a problem with the memory.  Looking at both issues, I'd lean
towards a intermitten memory problem.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation