[ale] memory

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Mon Sep 18 22:20:58 EDT 2000

Cor van Dijk wrote:

> Hi Robert
> I had a similar problem a while back. It turned out that my memory modules were
> from different manufacturers. Replacing them with modules from the same
> manufacturer solved my problem. Still need to tell lilo about it with an an
> "append ... " line. Cor

Actually, if you're running of the the later kernels, don't ask me which
one, you don't need the memory append line in lilo.  I've got one
machine with 128M and another with 256M, neither has a memory append
line in the lilo.conf file.  Running 2.2.16 kernels, although I think
this applies to 2.2.*.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation