[ale] palm pilots and unattended PCs

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Thu Sep 14 21:30:29 EDT 2000

I just read this article in comp.risks.  It points out that you can
still sync your palm, even if your NT machine is locked and password
protected.  I bet thet Linux has the same problem, though I haven't
tested it.  It's an interesting security whole.

Does anyone know of a "secure xlock" which will not only keep users
out of your X session, but also lock the various ports?  It sounds
like a somewhat tricky problem.

--Michael