[ale] overclocking celerons

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Tue Sep 12 15:26:55 EDT 2000

If you haven't tried a Soyo Board you owe it to yourself to do so. I am a former
Tyan, ASUS user but Soyo has got it together when it comes to overclocking. The
board I am using has the following options for FSB speed in the BIOS:
66/ 75/ 81/ 83/ 90/ 95/ 100/ 105/ 110/ 112/ 113/ 115/ 117/ 118/ 120/ 122/ 124/
126/ 133/ 135/ 137/ 138/ 140/ 142/ 144/ 150/ 155MHz
I have been using my current board for close to a year now I can tell you it
runs day in day out without a hitch.

Steve Angell
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS-TDM Inc,

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Chris Egolf  |
|        |          <cegolf at ughol|
|        |          f.net>       |
|        |                       |
|        |          09/12/2000   |
|        |          02:47 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Rod Young <development at combiz.net>       |
  |       cc:     ale at ale.org, (bcc: Steve Angell/tdm)     |
  |       Subject:     Re: [ale] overclocking celerons     |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

Yep, a 300A @ 450MHz and a dual 366-SMP @ 550MHz each.  The problem is
that Celerons are multiplier locked, so your only method to overclock is
to adjust the front-side bus (FSB) speed.  Celerons are designed to work
w/ a 66MHz bus, but many motherboards can run at 100MHz or greater.  I'd
suggest using one of the ABit motherboards since they allow you to
adjust the FSB speed in the BIOS in 1MHz increments.  You'll probably
find that higher the rated speed of the Celeron, the harder it is to get
it to run on a 100MHz bus.

Rod Young wrote:

> Hello ale,
>
>   has any one used linux on one of these systems?
>
>   Tipper Gore has anounced when her husband is sworn in, she will have an
advisory label placed on George Bush for adult langauge.
> --
> Best regards,
>  Rod                          mailto:development at combiz.net

                               Chris Egolf