[ale] Where can I get a cable to connect two hubs, i.e. 8+8=14 ?

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Tue Sep 12 12:13:19 EDT 2000

Courtney -

Provided we're talking 10base-T/100base-TX (RJ-45 connectors), if you are
connecting together non-uplink ports on each of the two hubs, you need a
"crossover cable," which can be had at CompUSA, etc.  If one hub has a free
uplink port, you can use a regular CAT5 patch cable of the sort you'd use to
connect a computer to a hub to go between that and a non-uplink port on the
other hub.  If you want to connect two uplink ports, you would need a
crossover cable.

If each hub has a DB-15 connector for uplink, that'll take an AUI cable.  If
you can spare the ports, you'll have an easier time of it just joining the
hubs via the RJ-45 ports; CompUSA *might* have AUI cables but they are
generally not found in "consumery" outlets.

- Jeff