[ale] 2001 Linux Showcase?

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 11 10:39:27 EDT 2000

> Can anyone shed some light on the location for 2001 Linux Showcase?  Is
> there not going to be a conference in ATL?  linuxshowcase.org(in the lower
> right of the main page) reports that the 2001 conference will be in
> Oakland Calif.  That is great and all, but is that at the expense of
> having one in the ATL area?

Hello Cade,

As of this year, the Atlanta Linux Showcase is no more. It is now the Annual
Linux Showcase and it will move city to city. It is still possibly for it to be
in Atlanta sometimes but it won't be there every year like before. I believe
next year is Oakland, CA. While this isn't necessarily the best thing for
the Atlanta Linux Community, the Board of Directors of the Atlanta Linux
Showcase though that it was the best thing for the show.

Vernard
ALS'2000
Linx in Action Coordinator