[ale] Samba takes over once again

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Wed Sep 6 09:42:32 EDT 2000

> There's also a setting:
>
> domain master = yes
>
> make sure you don't have this turned on.

Definitely!  And unless you are certain that the Samba server's local master
browse list is synchronizing with the domain master browser (always the PDC
under NT), then don't let it win local master browser elections.

What I found interesting is that a Samba server has no one setting that
says, "be the PDC for this domain."  Rather, there's a handful of settings
that, when set a certain way, makes Samba act PDC-like.  Unfortunately,
Samba cannot currently act as a BDC and I don't think it can enter into
trust relationships.  Pity.

- Jeff