[ale] Coyote setup eth0 not recognized

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 4 23:05:31 EDT 2000

I have a 486DX motherboard w/PCI bus which I am using in the box for a
Coyote Linux based router.  I had no trouble downloaded Coyote and
creating a boot floppy.  The box booted fine and runs the Coyote distrib
just fine.  I shut down and installed the LinkSys Ethernet PCI cards and
vcards are recognized as Ethernet controllers and are assigned available
IRQs 12 and 10.  The tulip driver refuses to load at boot and "insmod
tulip" gives a message:
init_module: Device or resource busy

I looked that up and found that should be a message returned when the
module has trouble loading.  I thought that the tulip driver would be
appropriate for the LinkSys ethernet cards.  They are a:
LNE100TX v4.1
NC100 v2.0

What am I misreading here?  Is the NC100 not compatible with the tulip
driver?  I know that Coyote doesn't specifically list the Linksys cards
but does contain a tulip driver.  Thanks,
Dow

begin:vcard
n:Hurst;Dow
tel;cell:770-241-2015
tel;fax:770-423-6744
tel;home:770-966-0035
tel;work:770-499-3428
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;149 Maplelake Dr.;Acworth;GA;30101;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;-26048
fn:Dow Hurst