[ale] sparc 10 and RedHat Install

Ray Hiltbrand rayh at speakeasy.org
Sun Sep 3 17:16:45 EDT 2000

John,
Sounds like the problem is at the OBP (Open Boot Prom).  I would guess the
device alias for cdrom has been changed.  At the OK prompt type devalias.  This
will give you a listing of the devices aliases defined in the OBP.  You can then
do show-devs to show the devices.

Also check the scsi IDs on the rest of the devices (probe-scsi-all from
OBP).  By default target 3 is typically the boot disk.

	--Ray

--
Ray W. Hiltbrand             rayh @ speakeasy.org
     "Restlessness and discontent are the