[ale] smbmounting

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Oct 31 21:35:28 EST 2000

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Chris Fowler wrote:

> Help.
>
> I am trying to backup a winbloze NT network by mounting all the shares.  I
> have 4 servers and 1 is a PDC.  I can log into 2 as Administrator but the
> other 2 I can not.  On the NT console I can log into all as Administrator.
> I know the password is the same on all due to the PDC but for some reason I
> can not log into 2 of them from smbclient.  Does anyone know what might be
> causing this on the NT side?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

The password may not be the same on all. Remember, NT uses local accounts
as well as domain accounts on servers not set up as domain controllers.
(i.e. standalone or domain member servers) Check the machines you can't
access and ensure the passwords are what you think they are on the
local accounts because that's where Samba is gonna authenticate first.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security