[ale] linux-sparc

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Oct 30 11:57:54 EST 2000

I have just cranked up a sparc10 with redhat 6.2.  I have a few questions.

1.  I originally had dual processors.  Linux recognized both both but would lock up.  I removed a processor and everything works fine.  I am using redhat out of the box, no recompile.  Linux sees the single processor and does not lock up.  Any similar experiences?

2.  I am trying to install JAVA.  I don't see any distribution other than that offered via ftp at tux.org.  Is there an rpm for the developer's kit?  I don't see much out there for sparc linux. I thought the ALPHA was bad but sparc..........is worse.

John