[ale] bleeding edge (was why so difficult)

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Mon Oct 30 03:53:42 EST 2000

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, jiin wrote:

> understandable. However mp3's are prevalent on the web and shutting down
> napster or gnutella or scour isn't going to change that.

very true....but there are days that i wish they weren't allowed to be
shuffled across the network eating up badwidth....but hey if people want
to do it, they'll do it...

> To say " write it or don't
> complain" is one of the biggest cop outs in the history of the world.

-i wasn't trying to be a "dickhead" and cop out with that statement...i'm
only really useful with java, and things related to web design...i'm
working with c presently, but it'll be months before i can do anything
useful with it....

the reason i said it is that i personally have no desire to bitch that
something "isn't easy enough yet" when i only had to spend pocket change
in the first place to get the entire os....

<shrug>

> the problem as I see it is I am just to stupid
> to make everything work. I am a desktop user.

simply put, i am a mac user....command line what?....oh...that new
"feature"...i take greif all day when i even think of complaining about
windows....linux was also something that took time for me and i'm still no
where near the level of use i'd like....but someday, if i read enough and
put it to use, i'm bound to come close...

i'm a pure 100% dumbass...the number of times i've had to ask the same
question multiple times for the answer to sink in is horrible.....but
thankfully no one has killed me over it....

yet.

-drew

--
   The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
     but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.