[ale] SuSE 7 install - disk partitions not there

Gary S. Mackay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Sun Oct 29 22:23:26 EST 2000

I downloaded and burned the latest SuSE 7 iso. It booted just fine and tried
to install. In fact it even completed with no errors. I tried this several
times before it dawned on me what was happening. It never touched the hard
drive! All the while it was working on the CD! What am I missing? Has anyone
installed this successfully? I have not tried SuSE before, but kind of
expected it to ask me whether I wanted to manually create the partitions or
have the install program create them for me. What did I do wrong? If the
install prog expected a pre-partitioned drive, shouldn't it have mentioned
that somewhere?

	(I followed the links from linuxiso.org to get the iso image.)

- Gary