[ale] Controlling Linux from Linux

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Oct 25 14:57:19 EDT 2000

Chris' message reminded my of something I was planning to post.  I have
three 'headless' machines and currently run cables to them to access the
console.  Is it possible to use the serial console facility in the
kernel, connect that serial port to another serial port on another Linux
box and have the console come up as an xterm?

I know there are issues of keyboard, mouse and stuff, but I'm wondering
if anyone's heard of any software that can emulate a serial terminal in
an xterm.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein