[ale] DOS error

Tomas tomas at kahuna.clayton.edu
Tue Oct 24 04:11:04 EDT 2000

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tried to help me with this problem.  I have since erased both partitins and have a 30G reiser partition :).  Just for the record Ill tell you what I saw and what I know
For some reason c:\ would map itself to my new swap partition.  Linux thought that the drive was set up like:

1 FAT 32  24G
2 Swap    256M
3 ext2    6G

but fdisk in dos said it was

1 NONDOS  6G
2 NONDOS  24G
C:\ 3 FAT32 128M

so thats seemed to be the problem.  I didnt put the linux partition over windows and I even used the windows CD to try and boot and it had the same error.

	I had a back up HD that was 4 G and we backed up all the important files.  I then reformatted the HD.  After that I reinstalled windows from scratch.  I failed miserably.  I cant install windows, but debian was easy. lol.  for some reason, it was still missing files and it couldnt find drivers on our windows CD.  After that my wife and I agreed to just install SuSE linux, which was easier to use for her, and worked for us.

again thanks for your help,
Tomas
tomas22 at mindspring.com
http://kahuna.clayton.edu/~tomas

Schlattwhapper, n.:
	The window shade that allows itself to be pulled down,
hesitates for a second, then snaps up in your face.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"