[ale] linuxgruven.com

Stephen F Nicholas syssfn at panther.Gsu.EDU
Tue Oct 24 00:28:43 EDT 2000

You're being 38 doesn't have anything to do with it.  I'm 42, went baack
to college at 34, and taught myself 'some' Unux / Linux.  I've worked in
mgmt and retail.  The 'sleeziest' companies I either have worked for or
heard of from associates, at worst, pay for the training up front and
require you to work for them a specific amount of time (2 years
normally.)  And the companies weren't really sleezy (at least in this
respect), they were protecting themselves.  If you left before the agreed
upon time, the cost was prorated.  You don't get a free education and they
don't get screwed.

I agree with James,  if you're required to pay $2500 up front, this
doesn't smell good.  And you'll 'probably' get a call tomorrow that you've
been accepted.  Nothing is done overnight.  You can teach yourself, or at
'least' choose your teacher.  There are plenty of good books out
there.  One thing I've always told myself, I've met some 'EXTREMELY' smart
people in my time, but the ones that call themselves experts, run like
hell.

Run away, run very far away.  The BBB or Channel 2 would probably be
interested in this.  I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

Steve

| Steve Nicholas             |                        |
| Unix System Programmer     |  A risk is not a risk  |
| Georgia State University   |  until it is taken.    |
| snicholas at gsu.edu          |                        |
| 404-651-1062               |  BBROYGBVGW            |