[ale] RedHat 7.0

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Fri Oct 20 09:58:49 EDT 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> I'm no huge fan of Mandrake, but I hate to think that part of Mandrake's
> role is to put out a more QAed version of Red Hat.

Actually, I believe this has been the case since Mandrake 6.0...

I've always used Mandrake on my personal systems. I'm playing with Caldera
eServer 2.3 at work. I believe Caldera has managed to get it right. Out of
all the distributions I've tested...it comes out on top (as a server).
It's reasonably secure out of the box, and the default kernel requires no
changes for most setups. I think RH may be a bit full of themselves after
their great success, ala MS. I'm sure they'll turn it around, but in the
meantime I'll look elsewhere.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security