[ale] Roaring Penguin PPPoE and 2.4 kernels?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Oct 16 20:17:02 EDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 07:49:07PM -0400, Ed June wrote:
> Anyone ever tried this combo?
> I'm using 2.4test9.
> *Supposedly*, HellSouth still has me good to go for ADSL this Friday AM.

It's worthe mentioing that 2.3/2.4 has PPPoE already in the kernel, and
thus you shouldn't need the RP client.

I'm not sure about how one goes about actually using the 2.4 kernel PPPoX
stuff though.

Personally, I use the pppoed client, in the form of a kernel module for
the 2.2 kernel.  The machine it's running on needs to be stable, and
2.4test is anything but at this point.

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                        pizza at cc.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(404)294-6978
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...