[ale] OT: DSL with Telocity

Kevin J. Schmidt kschmidt at netrail.net
Sun Oct 15 19:59:11 EDT 2000

I hope your phone lines are buried. If you have phone lines above the
ground, then your ADSL could totally suck. I ordered MindLink ADSL and had
to get rid of it and get Road Runner. The ADSL was constantly up and down,
and not to mention slow! I know of a few other MindLink ADSL customers who
are seeing the exact same problems, and they all have above ground phone
lines. I think part of the problem is due to the fact that phone lines
aren't shielded as well as cable lines. Your phone line is subject to
environmental interference.

The Road Runner stuff works great! I highly recommend it.