[ale] no love from PCMCIA

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Fri Oct 13 11:46:04 EDT 2000

hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:

> Hah.  I haven't written more than 5 checks in the last year.  I do all
> my bill paying in Netscape.  I heartily recommend SFNB as a bank.
> They are an internet bank (supposedly the first one, too).  They offer
> free interest checking with some pretty reasonable number of checks.

I do the same via Suntrust Bank.  I will tell you now, don't go with
Suntrust.  I'll be changing banks soon.  I've had all kinds of
problems.  They apparently don't have enough hardware, as the processing
of a single payment takes forever.

They are also technically illiterate, and therefore I'm concerned with
thier security.  At one time, they said you had to use a 128 bit
browser.   Whenever I read this I always try with a 40 bit browser, and
sure enough, it worked fine.  They have since corrected this oversight,
but there are plenty of other issues with them.

Internet banking is a good thing, just don't go with Suntrust.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein