[ale] Swap space,

Yu, Jerry zyu at Ptek.com
Wed Oct 11 15:34:15 EDT 2000

oh, sorry that I mis-read it as you didn't make swap partition...
could you be more specific about what do you mean "swap partitions
sometimes cause it to hang?"

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Ken Nagorski wrote:

#Well yeah,
#
#	I have looked at man mkswap. But this is what is weird, the
#mountall script has this in it...
#swapon -a 2> /dev/null
#
#Which shouldn't be a problem cause all the fstab looks like this.
#/dev/sda2       none            swap    sw                      0       0
#
#So even if it's 10megs or 128megs, as long as it's /dev/sda2 it should be
#fine. I am doing a mkswap when I build the partition tables on the server
#I am setting up.
#
#Any suggestion? Thanks
#Ken