BellSouth DSL, was... Re: [ale] OT: DSL with Telocity

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Wed Oct 11 11:19:28 EDT 2000

Well, I just got off the phone with BellSouth.  They are going to
provide me with a static IP because I requested my service from their
business group.  It'll cost me $15 more a month, but I'm getting what I
want at the fastest speed available in my area.  Cable's not here, and
all the other DSL folks will give me, at best, 144k IDSL.

This, by the way, is an apparent change from their previous stance, as
I've asked before about a static IP for a business connection, but was
told no.  They even asked how many computers I have and didn't flinch
when I told them.

The way I look at it, I'm paying for my ip.  I'll keep this connectivity
until someone else can provide similar speed and my dedicated IP.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein