[ale] office lan & appgen

Rod Young development at combiz.net
Thu Oct 5 15:53:36 EDT 2000

It looks like I will get the opportunity to put some of this to good
use.
So I have two questions;
For a an internal office LAN should I use just basic TCP/IP?
Any suggestions on a primer?

As far as appgen, what POS hardware does it support?

Project info: Some friends of mine who are renting a small town
indepedent auto parts store, are moving to their own building in about 3
months. They have an old (386) Sco/unix based system that they want to
get rid of. Requested one PC & three terminals.
They have two old terminals with the existing system. And looks like
Appgen can support them. I was thinking of them getting to PC's and
using the old terms.
I am just doing this for the experiance. When I think I am ready, I
would like to do this kind of work on the side.